- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Rafting and Canoeing
The Breede River has tiny rapids near Worcester, where it twists and turns between clumps of palmiet (river reeds) and overgrown banks. Using two-person inflatables, River Rafters offers a one-day trip with wine tasting for R495 and a two-day, two-night trip for R1,150. 021/975-9727. www.riverrafters.co.za.
Wildthing Adventures runs one- and two-day canoe trips. The one-day Wine Route trip (R595) is the most popular and is more about food and drink than paddling. The highlight is the tasting of local wines during the extensive picnic lunch. 021/556-1917. www.wildthing.co.za.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe