- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Somerset West is 30 minutes southeast of Cape Town on the N2 and 20 minutes from the airport. Public transport in these outlying towns leaves a lot to be desired. Your best bet is to rent a car and invest in a good map or GPS. Don't be tempted to catch trains out to the Winelands after dark—you run the risk of being mugged.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's