- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
The Gary Player–designed Erinvale Golf Club is beautifully nestled beneath the Hottentots Holland Mountains. It costs R395 for 9 holes and R650 to play 18 holes, R210 (9 holes) or R350 (18 holes) to rent clubs, and R180 or R290 for a golf cart (there are no caddies). You can book only one week in advance during peak season (September–May); ask for availability when you phone. Lourensford Rd., Somerset West, 7129. 021/847–1144. www.erinvalegolfclub.com.
Somerset West Golf Club is an easy course with plenty of leeway for errant tee shots, except when the wind blows. Greens fees run around R350 for 18 holes, R190 for 9 holes; club rental is around R150. Golf carts are available for about R180, but you are encouraged to make use of the caddies for around R150, excluding tip. Rue de Jacquelin, Somerset West, 7129. 021/852-2925. www.somersetwestgolfclub.co.za.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe