- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Robertson was founded primarily to service the surrounding farms, and it retains its agricultural and industrial character. The town largely lives up to its mantra of "small town, big heart"—the townsfolk are welcoming and friendly, which makes up for the lack of action. Some effort has been made to beautify the town with tree-lined roads, but there is little reason for visitors to come here, other than to stop off for lunch on the way to McGregor or Montagu. If you are in the area, however, you might consider visiting one of the well-known local wine farms.
Robertson at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Western Cape
- Arniston (Waenhuiskrans)
- Betty's Bay
- Elands Bay
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's