- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
On the huge veranda of a historic barn, a languid air of well-fed ease wafts around Bodega. Tow-headed children run around in linen frocks against the backdrop of jagged mountains. Up close, an enormous blackboard announces stunning daily specials like gazpacho and figs with parma ham or tuna carpaccio in a sesame dressing. Stay away from more exotic choices like the Canadian scallops, and stick with what is simple and likely local: the daily line fish is succulent and well dressed, the pastas perfectly flavored, and the venison a dream. Desserts are fantastic, so save space. In summer, Sunday lunch can be booked a week in advance, the rest of the week can be more calm. The vibe (and service) is casual all the way.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Mandela Rhodes Place in Jun: $93 & Up Save with Expedia, $17/night less
- Save at 4-Star Protea Victoria Junction: $101 & Up in Jun Expedia
- Save at 4-Star Hotel: 4 Nts + Air to Cape Town Central Fr $1998 Expedia
- 10 Nt Cruise on Sale: See Cape Town Central Fr $1,029 Expedia
- Book Hilton Cape Town City Centre in Jun: Save 25% off — $110 Save with Expedia, $36/night less
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
At a vaguely spur of the moment , as we say here in Yankeeland, we are consdeiring a Mid-late 2013 September trip to CapeTown, Londolozi, and one other game park, not self -drive, destination) (Or, perhaps Read more
· News & Features
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's ... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more