- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Clanwilliam Museum Review
The display is old-fashioned and not particularly well curated at the Clanwilliam Museumbut still gives a sense of the remarkable Dr. Christiaan Louis Leipoldt. You'll also get a sense of early settler life in the mountains. The wagons, carts, and rudimentary household equipment speak of much harder times when pioneers headed into the high country wanting to farm or escape colonial control in the cities.
- Address: Main Rd., Clanwilliam, 8135
- Phone: 027/482-1619
- Location: Clanwilliam
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Mandela Rhodes Place in Jun: $93 & Up Save with Expedia, $17/night less
- Save at 4-Star Protea Victoria Junction: $101 & Up in Jun Expedia
- Save at 4-Star Hotel: 4 Nts + Air to Cape Town Central Fr $1998 Expedia
- 7 Nt Cruise on Sale: See Cape Town Central Fr $1,049 Expedia
- Book Hilton Cape Town City Centre in Jun: Save 25% off — $110 Save with Expedia, $36/night less
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
At a vaguely spur of the moment , as we say here in Yankeeland, we are consdeiring a Mid-late 2013 September trip to CapeTown, Londolozi, and one other game park, not self -drive, destination) (Or, perhaps Read more
· News & Features
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's ... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more