- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
If you're keen to escape the crush in Hermanus, Heaven is a good place to head for lunch. It's up the picturesque Hemel-en-Aarde Valley Road, where vines and fynbos cover the slopes and where you may wish you owned a country home. The view is wonderful, the service is attentive, and there's a good selection of local wines. The small, eclectic menu changes weekly but always emphasizes the best seasonal produce. Starters could include a salad of poached pears, greens, Brie, crispy bacon, fresh strawberries, pecan nuts, and pumpkin seeds. A main course might be substantial Mexican steak topped with a salsa of chopped avocado, red onion, tomato, and chilies, served with potato wedges and a side salad.
- Address: Hemel-en-Aarde Valley Rd. (R320), Hermanus, 7200
- Phone: 072/905–3947
- Location: Hermanus
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. and May–Aug. No dinner.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Having just returned from a trip that ranks up there with the best of my life, I will offer some details in a short trip report. Read more
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more