- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
If you're keen to escape the crush in Hermanus, Heaven is a good place to head for lunch. It's up the picturesque Hemel-en-Aarde Valley Road, where vines and fynbos cover the slopes and where you may wish you owned a country home. The view is wonderful, the service is attentive, and there's a good selection of local wines. The small, eclectic menu changes weekly but always emphasizes the best seasonal produce. Starters could include a salad of poached pears, greens, Brie, crispy bacon, fresh strawberries, pecan nuts, and pumpkin seeds. A main course might be substantial Mexican steak topped with a salsa of chopped avocado, red onion, tomato, and chilies, served with potato wedges and a side salad.
- Address: Hemel-en-Aarde Valley Rd. (R320), Hermanus, 7200
- Phone: 072/905–3947
- Location: Hermanus
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. and May–Aug. No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
This was a mostly self-drive trip, and not our first to South Africa (first time in Kgalagadi though). Read more
We've been on a couple of safaris, but not yet to the Kruger area. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more