Mont Rochelle Review
This picture-pretty estate overlooking Franschoek produces some excellent wines. The barrel-fermented chardonnay has made everybody sit up and take notice, but new to try is the Miko Chardonnay Sur Lie, named after former owner Miko Rwayitare who died unexpectedly in 2008. The Syrah 2004 is also noteworthy, and the sauvignon blanc reserve from 2007 is another winner. A swank hotel and Mange Tout restaurant are also on-site. For more informal meals, there's the Country Kitchen. Both come highly recommended.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's