- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Van Loveren Winery
Van Loveren Winery Review
Van Loveren Winery, between Robertson and Bonnievale, produces around 40 wines, so there's something to suit everybody's palate. The Noble Late Harvest 2006 and 2006 chardonnay reserve are both definitely worth mentioning. In addition to sampling the extensive wines, be sure to visit the unusual grounds of this family-owned and -run farm. An established garden of indigenous and exotic plants and trees surrounds a water fountain that supplies the entire farm. Weather permitting, instead of visiting the usual tasting room, sit out under the trees and the various wines are brought to you. It's very relaxed and friendly, and you may feel like part of the family before you know it. If you visit on a Saturday, you might also get to sample the farm's sweet-corn fritters with your wine. Delicious!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Cape Town & Namibia IExplore
- Essence of South Africa (12-Day) IExplore
- South Africa - Black Culture Experience — $3,259 IExplore
- Essence of South Africa (14-Day) — $12,790 IExplore
- South Africa Experience — $4,149 IExplore
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
To my utter delight, I will be returning to South AFrica in early OCtober for a trip that will begin with a week in CapeTown. Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side,... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more