- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
Set amid the heady opulence of the Grande Roche hotel, this elegant restaurant and Relais & Châteaux member ranks as one of the country's finest. The level of service is extraordinary, commensurate with that of the finest European restaurants. Once you overcome the hurdle of which menu to choose—seafood, tasting (six to eight dishes), Cape specialties, vegetarian, epicurean, or à la carte—you start with a complimentary amuse-bouche (literally, something to entertain your palate). A first course of baked goat-cheese dumplings served with a Mediterranean vegetable salad and smoked-tomato coulis could precede a main course of springbok with mushroom-apple brioche and port-wine jus. If you're looking to go big, try the four-course set menu for R580.
- Address: Grande Roche, Plantasie St., Paarl, 7646
- Phone: 021/863–5100
- Hours: Daily noon–1:30, 7–9. Closed mid-May–July.
- Location: Paarl
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just returned from a South African tour with Gate 1. Read more
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
Hello and thanks for your help. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more