- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
Set amid the heady opulence of the Grande Roche hotel, this elegant restaurant and Relais & Châteaux member ranks as one of the country's finest. The level of service is extraordinary, commensurate with that of the finest European restaurants. Once you overcome the hurdle of which menu to choose—seafood, tasting (six to eight dishes), Cape specialties, vegetarian, epicurean, or à la carte—you start with a complimentary amuse-bouche (literally, something to entertain your palate). A first course of baked goat-cheese dumplings served with a Mediterranean vegetable salad and smoked-tomato coulis could precede a main course of springbok with mushroom-apple brioche and port-wine jus. If you're looking to go big, try the four-course set menu for R580.
- Address: Grande Roche, Plantasie St., Paarl, 7646
- Phone: 021/863–5100
- Hours: Daily noon–1:30, 7–9. Closed mid-May–July.
- Location: Paarl
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
This was a mostly self-drive trip, and not our first to South Africa (first time in Kgalagadi though). Read more
I probably sound like all the rest of the posts.....
I won't know until April whether I am going to J'burg, SA on business for 2 weeks in late May and/or early June. I visited 2 years ago, but couldn' Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more