- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The food at this attractive and unpretentious establishment would be impressive even in a smart city restaurant, but in a town where most people consider steak, egg, and fries to be the height of culinary achievement, it really does stand out. The owner, Froggy, doesn't put on airs. The menu is eclectic—basically it's what Froggy likes to cook and eat. The caramelized-onion-and-Brie tart is a masterpiece, and the Mediterranean salad with grilled vegetables is a Langebaan institution. Other standouts are the Moroccan lamb shank—slow baked with cinnamon, coriander, cumin, ginger, and garlic—and the Thai curries.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3299 -- 10-Nt. South Africa Adventure w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
I have been attempting to book a trip to Africa for a year now, not sure I am any closer to an itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more