- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- on-site spa is a divine addition to your escape
- private balconies are a great place to sip your morning coffee
- 74 acres to stretch your legs
- the location outside town may be inconvenient if you don't have a car
Holden Manz Review
Guests visiting this house originally built as the private home of owners Holden and Migo Manz will certainly feel as if they are visiting a friend. The 74-acre estate is set just outside town, close enough to go to dinner but far enough away to feel as if you've escaped. In the house's main area, numerous seating areas with plush couches beckon weary travelers to rest their feet. Each suite has a private patio with views that take in the property's 360 fruit trees, the Franschhoek Mountains, or the vegetable and herb gardens that provide breakfast's fresh elements. On the inside, the suites encircle a babbling fountain complete with koi. The heated floors, rooibos-enhanced bathroom products, plush queen-size beds, and wood-burning fireplaces make each suite a cozy escape. If you don't feel like heading into town, Franschhoek Kitchen, the on-property restaurant, features the estate's delicious wine and locally grown produce in a weekly changing menu.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save at 5-Star dysART Boutique: $129 & Up in Jun Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Cape Town Central this Jun Fr $192+/Nt Expedia
- 5-Star Cape Town Central Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $2344 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 8 Nt Cruise! Royal Caribbean International Fr $849 Expedia
- Special deal: 4-Star Strand Tower Fr $81+/Nt — $81 Expedia
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
At a vaguely spur of the moment , as we say here in Yankeeland, we are consdeiring a Mid-late 2013 September trip to CapeTown, Londolozi, and one other game park, not self -drive, destination) (Or, perhaps Read more
· News & Features
With a burgeoning food and drink scene, gorgeous green spaces, and festivals galore, Philly should be... Read more
In Spain, the gin and tonic (called "gin tonics") is an art form with carefully chosen gin and small-batch... Read more
Hong Kong is known for great food, buzzing nightlife, inspiring attractions, and for having one of the... Read more