- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Palmiet River is a low-volume, technical white-water river of about Grade III. In high water in summer and winter, Gravity Adventures offers rafting trips in two- or four-seater inflatable rafts. In low water it does the same trip but on specially designed one-person inflatable crafts called "geckos." A full-day rafting trip (including a light breakfast and lunch) costs R495. Tubing costs R355 for a full day; you can order lunch for an extra R55 or bring your own. Remember to take along plenty of sun protection. 21 Selous Rd., Claremont, 8001. 021/683-3698 or 082/574-9901. www.gravity.co.za.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's