- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In addition to day hikes and short walks, you can take the 32-km (20-mi) Boesmanskloof Trail through the Riviersonderend Mountains between Greyton and the exquisite hamlet of McGregor. In the good old days, youngsters used to walk from Greyton to McGregor for an energetic game of tennis before walking home again the same evening. Hikers often book the following night's accommodation at a local B&B and have a good meal and a good night's sleep before heading home. In McGregor the trailhead is a ways from the town, but most guesthouses will pick you up and drop you off. Note that cell-phone coverage is sporadic on the trail.
Accommodations, in hiking huts on a private farm (R50 per person excluding bedding), can be booked through Barry Oosthuizen, who will also buy groceries and leave them at the hut, charging you only what he pays. 023/625-1794 or 072/240-0498.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe