- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Darling is best known for two draws: its sensational wildflowers and its sensational performer, Pieter-Dirk Uys, otherwise known as Evita Bezuidenhout. The wildflowers are usually at their best August-October, and there's an annual Wildflower and Orchid Show held in September. Evita is at her best all year-round. When driving into Darling, ignore the rather unattractive new houses on the Cape Town side of the village, and head straight through to the Victorian section of town, where pretty period houses line up amid lush gardens.
Darling at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Western Cape
- Arniston (Waenhuiskrans)
- Betty's Bay
- Elands Bay
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's