Hiking in Wilderness
Garden Route Trail. On the five-day guided Garden Route Trail, you start in the Ebb and Flow Restcamp and then head east along the coast, taking in long beach walks and coastal forest before ending in Brenton on Sea. The emphasis is on the natural environment, and knowledgeable guides provide commentary along the way. The trip is catered and portered, and you do some canoeing in addition to hiking. The five-day trail costs from R4,900 depending on the number of people. There is also a number of popular day walks, such as a guided forest canoe and walking trail (R220) and a Moonlight Meander on the beach at full moon (R60). Wilderness. 044/883–1015 or 082/213–5931. www.gardenroutetrail.co.za.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's