- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Storms River Mountain Bike Trail is a scenic, circular 22-km (14-mi) trail administered by the Department of Water Affairs and Forestry. It's free, and you don't need a reservation. Just go to the starting point, near the police station at Storms River, and fill out a form in a box at the gate to issue yourself a permit.
Tsitsikamma Backpackers rents out mountain bikes for R20 per hour. 54 Formosa St., Storms River, 6308. 042/281-1868. www.tsitsikammabackpackers.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe