- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
If you do only one bungee jump in your life, do it from the Bloukrans River bridge with Face Adrenalin. At 700 feet, it's the highest commercial bungee jump in the world. The span is the third-highest bridge in the world and the highest in the Southern Hemisphere. The jump costs R620, and the DVD to show your friends back home is an extra R120. A photo CD with about 30 images is another R60. If you want to see what it's all about but have no intention of flinging yourself off the bridge, you can do a walking tour for R90, but even that's not for the faint of heart, as it is pretty high, exposed, and scary. The flying fox—a cable on which you slide under the bridge and above the bridge arch to the jump-off spot—costs R170 for a single, and R260 for a tandem ride. The combo of fox and jump costs R750. N2, Storms River, 6602. 042/281–1458. www.faceadrenalin.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's