- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Domein Doornkraal Review
Domein Doornkraal sells a superb range of fortified wines and a fantastic, inexpensive chardonnay-sémillon blend, but the red wines are what it's really all about—particularly the cabernet sauvignon-merlot blend, which you sometimes have to fight for. You may be lucky and find a few jars of homemade olives, but the small stock usually sells out pretty quickly.
- Address: R62, about 10 km (6 mi) southwest of De Rust, De Rust, 6650
- Phone: 044/251-6715
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Weekdays 8--5, Sat. 8--1)
- Location: De Rust
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
At a vaguely spur of the moment , as we say here in Yankeeland, we are consdeiring a Mid-late 2013 September trip to CapeTown, Londolozi, and one other game park, not self -drive, destination) (Or, perhaps Read more
· News & Features
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more