- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cango Ostrich Farm
Cango Ostrich Farm Review
Cango Ostrich Farm is probably the least commercialized of the ostrich show farms. Guides explain the bird's extraordinary social and physical characteristics, and there are lots of interactive opportunities, including feeding and petting the ostriches and posing on one for a photograph. People who weigh less than 75 kilograms (165 pounds) are permitted to ride the ostriches. Many people consider this to be cruel, but the farm complies with strict regulations, meaning that you can ride for no longer than 30 seconds and not more than four people can ride per tour. The farm is conveniently located en route to the Cango Caves from town. From September to February, you may see babies hatching.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Thinking of visiting Cape Town and Kruger. Read more
I'm planning on visiting Cape Town and Kruger National Park in November.
Would appreciate any input about weather (temp, humidity, rain) , animal viewing at this time and crowds.
Thanks . Read more
I am planning a honeymoon to SA, flying into Capetown from the US end of May. Read more
· News & Features
The Caesars Entertainment and Starwood hotel groups have teamed up to offer reciprocal benefits across... Read more
In September, new boutique hotel 1888 landed in Sydney, with an unusual claim to fame: It's the world's... Read more
Come January, American Airlines will introduce brand-new premium Airbus A321 planes on its transcontinental... Read more