- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- unbeatable location
- rooms have large balconies
- good breakfast
- hotel's decor needs a bit of a revamp
- no a/c in the entire hotel
- far from town, so restaurant choices are limited
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Point Hotel Review
Situated next to the Cape St. Blaize lighthouse and overlooking a huge, linear tidal pool, the Point Hotel has incredible views over the ocean and the rugged coastline stretching west. In season (July–October), you may see whales from your private balcony. A neutral palette in the spacious, comfortable rooms means there's nothing to detract from the spectacular view. The start of the scenic and fragrant cliff-top Cape St. Blaize Trail is yards away from the front door, and the ocean is a stone's throw from your balcony. The tidal pool is public, but it's a short stroll from the hotel. One disadvantage of the location is that on foggy nights the lighthouse emits an aural rather than visual signal; this doesn't happen often, however, and when it does the noise is not that loud and can't be heard at all if you close the door to the balcony. (Most people, of course, leave the door open for the sound of the sea.) Ask for a room with a sea view when you book.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Thinking of visiting Cape Town and Kruger. Read more
I'm planning on visiting Cape Town and Kruger National Park in November.
Would appreciate any input about weather (temp, humidity, rain) , animal viewing at this time and crowds.
Thanks . Read more
I am planning a honeymoon to SA, flying into Capetown from the US end of May. Read more
· News & Features
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Arts and culture are celebrated as much as the world-class beaches in St.... Read more
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more