- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bitou River Lodge
At a Glance
- beautiful river running past the property
- owners are friendly and helpful
- no a/c in the rooms
- it's a 10-minute drive to the nearest restaurant
Bitou River Lodge Review
Some places just seem to get everything right. This lovely, quiet, restful B&B has a wonderful location on the bank of the Bitou River, about 3 km (2 mi) upstream from the lagoon. Rooms overlook a pretty garden and a quiet bird-rich and lily-filled pond. The decor is understated and soothing, with neutral pastels dominating. Breakfasts are delicious affairs with freshly baked breads, muffins, and other goodies, in addition to the usual fruit, cereal, and eggs. Bitou feels like it's in the middle of nowhere, but it's only a 10-minute drive from the center of town. Don't pass up the opportunity to explore the river in one of the available canoes.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Thinking of visiting Cape Town and Kruger. Read more
I'm planning on visiting Cape Town and Kruger National Park in November.
Would appreciate any input about weather (temp, humidity, rain) , animal viewing at this time and crowds.
Thanks . Read more
I am planning a honeymoon to SA, flying into Capetown from the US end of May. Read more
· News & Features
The Caesars Entertainment and Starwood hotel groups have teamed up to offer reciprocal benefits across... Read more
In September, new boutique hotel 1888 landed in Sydney, with an unusual claim to fame: It's the world's... Read more
Come January, American Airlines will introduce brand-new premium Airbus A321 planes on its transcontinental... Read more