- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
St. James of Knysna
At a Glance
- some rooms are enormous, and all are decorated individually
- views of the lagoon are stunning
- rooms have a/c, which you'll appreciate in February
- old-fashioned decor
- swimming pool is on the small side
Check Rates from our Partners
St. James of Knysna Review
This elegant lodging is right on the edge of Knysna Lagoon. Outdoors you can enjoy a landscaped formal garden with tranquil koi ponds and a private pier with free use of canoes or fishing equipment. Indoors the setting is light and bright, with some lovely antiques. Most of the individually decorated rooms have uninterrupted views of the water. Bathrooms range from Victorian fantasies to a brick-tone retreat with a glass wall that leads to a private leafy garden with an outside shower.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
The Grace Hotel in Rosebank, which has been one of the best places to stay in Johannesburg for many years, will close this month. Read more
· News & Features
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more
Apparently 2013 is the year of major airline uniform upgrades.... Read more