- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Protea Hotel Mossel Bay
At a Glance
- location very central for museums, restaurants, and the beach
- stylish and modern rooms
- swimming pool is small and overlooked by the terrace
- street-facing rooms can be noisy
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Protea Hotel Mossel Bay Review
Just yards away from the museum complex, this stylish hotel, which was refurbished at the beginning of 2009, is close to most of what's happening in Mossel Bay. You can take in the great view of the harbor, beach, and sea while relaxing at the Blue Oyster Pool Lounge. Strange nooks and crannies and yard-thick stone walls testify to the building's status as the third oldest in Mossel Bay (built in the mid-19th century), but rooms are bright and spacious, with exposed-brick walls and decor in tasteful shades of creams and greens. Standard rooms have showers only. Self-catering apartments are as gorgeous as the hotel rooms with two balconies that overlook the water.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Thinking of visiting Cape Town and Kruger. Read more
I'm planning on visiting Cape Town and Kruger National Park in November.
Would appreciate any input about weather (temp, humidity, rain) , animal viewing at this time and crowds.
Thanks . Read more
I am planning a honeymoon to SA, flying into Capetown from the US end of May. Read more
· News & Features
The Caesars Entertainment and Starwood hotel groups have teamed up to offer reciprocal benefits across... Read more
In September, new boutique hotel 1888 landed in Sydney, with an unusual claim to fame: It's the world's... Read more
Come January, American Airlines will introduce brand-new premium Airbus A321 planes on its transcontinental... Read more