- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Le Petit Karoo
At a Glance
- breakfasts are great
- the Jacuzzis in the tents are wonderful
- the owner/ hosts are charming
- it's rustic
- tents can get hot in summer
- if you want to have dinner at the restaurant it needs to be booked at breakfast
Check Rates from our Partners
Le Petit Karoo Review
Perched high on a hill just off the R328, three en suite tents with spa-baths on the veranda have fabulous views of the hills and pass. The tents are small and basic, but you feel like you're in your own little private paradise. There are also four family rooms: two of them sleep four people, and the other two sleep three. There's a campsite, and some families choose to bring a small tent for the kids while Mom and Dad enjoy the romance of the permanent tents. Dinner, which is by arrangement, usually has a French flair, and a full breakfast is R40 per person. There's a labyrinth for walking and musing, and you can also go horseback riding or hiking. This is not a good choice if you like to spend time in your room during the day, as the tents can get quite hot. Camping is R130 per site, which can hold up to four people.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
Single older guy, I am flying to Joberg, renting a car there and driving to Kruger. Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more