- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- bar located away from the hostel
- spacious grounds
- small pool
- dorms are on the small side
- no Wi-Fi
Backpackers Paradise Review
A communal kitchen, pool table, swimming pool, bar, and TV lounge combine to create that typical hostel vibe where everyone becomes friends in half an hour. The dorms are on the small side; some have en suite bathrooms, as do some of the doubles. The double en suite rooms have tea- and coffee-making facilities, towels, and soap, and the lounge has cable TV and a library. Breakfast is available every day (R35), and every night there's an ostrich barbecue (R90). Backpackers Paradise is conveniently located on Baron van Reede Street, just on the caves side of town.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I'm planning on visiting Cape Town and Kruger National Park in November.
Would appreciate any input about weather (temp, humidity, rain) , animal viewing at this time and crowds.
Thanks . Read more
Having just returned from a trip that ranks up there with the best of my life, I will offer some details in a short trip report. Read more
I am planning a honeymoon to SA, flying into Capetown from the US end of May. Read more
· News & Features
Visitors in the know about Disney's new parks system are sure to experience a much smoother vacation tha ... Read more
Mexico City's art scene is vibrant, solid, and ever-flourishing.... Read more
Last week, JW Marriott Hanoi debuted in Hanoi, Vietnam, following in the footsteps of two other JW Marrio... Read more