The Garden Route and the Little Karoo Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Garden Route and the Little Karoo Restaurant Reviews
Most medium-size towns along the Garden Route offer a decent selection of restaurants, and the smaller towns of the Little Karoo usually have one or two good restaurants and a handful of lesser eateries. If you look around in the region, you'll find some fabulous places to eat; usually the emphasis will be on seafood in general and oysters in particular. (Knysna has an oyster festival in July.) The farms of the Little Karoo provide fresh ostrich meat and organic mutton or lamb, which stand up to South African red wines. Ostrich biltong (jerky) is widely considered the best variety of this national treat.
Browse The Garden Route and the Little Karoo Restaurants
- Ile de Pain
- Kalinka Restaurant
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's