- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kayaking on Plettenberg Bay is a great way to see the sights and possibly enjoy a visit from a whale or dolphin. Though you aren't likely to see as many animals as the people on the big boats will, it's a far more intimate and exciting experience if you do. You also get to paddle past the Cape fur seal colony on Robberg. Trips cost about R250 for three hours.
Dolphin Adventures offers regular trips in sleek but stable tandem kayaks. Central Beach, Plettenberg Bay, 6600. 083/590-3405. www.dolphinadventures.co.za.
Ocean Blue runs regular paddling trips on which you may see whales and dolphins. Hopwood St., Central Beach, Plettenberg Bay, 6600. 044/533-5083. www.oceanadventures.co.za.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe