- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Joyrides, based at Backpackers Paradise, runs a fabulous mountain-biking trip. You get transported to the top of the Swartberg Pass, where you (and your fellow cyclists) are left with a mountain bike, helmet, and water. It's pretty much downhill all the way back to town, and the route passes Cango Caves (it's a bit of a steep uphill detour to get there), Wilgewandel coffee shop, Cango Ostrich Farm, Cango Wildlife Ranch, and Le Petit Karoo and then back to Backpackers Paradise. So you've got all day to visit the main tourist attractions. The tour costs R250, plus a R100 bike deposit. 044/272-3436. www.backpackersparadise.net.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe