- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
For a closer look at the Cape fur seals lounging around on Seal Island or to check out whales and dolphins, take a trip with Romonza Boat Trips on a 54-foot sailing yacht. Seal Island trips cost R100 and whale-watching trips R550. 044/690-3101 or 082/701-9031. www.mosselbay.co.za/romonza.
From a convenient location near the harbor entrance, Waverider Adventures rents kayaks and Jet Skis and arranges parasailing (school holidays only) and various boat trips. Prices range from R80 for a half-hour kayak rental to R300 to R450, depending on how many people, for parasailing. 076/335-1515. www.waverider.co.za.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Cape Town & Namibia IExplore
- Essence of South Africa (12-Day) IExplore
- South Africa - Black Culture Experience — $3,259 IExplore
- Essence of South Africa (14-Day) — $12,790 IExplore
- South Africa Experience — $4,149 IExplore