- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In addition to running the ferry to the nature reserve, the Featherbed Company operates sightseeing boats on the lagoon (trips start at R75 per person), as well as a Mississippi-style paddle steamer that does lunch and dinner cruises. Ferry Terminus, Remembrance Ave., Knysna, 6570. 044/382-1693. www.knysnafeatherbed.com.
Springtide Charters operates a luxury 50-foot sailing yacht for scenic cruises on the lagoon and through the Heads (weather permitting). You can have breakfast, lunch, or a romantic dinner on board—or even spend the night. The boat takes a maximum of 12 passengers, and dinner and overnight trips are limited to one party with a maximum of four people. Rates start at about R390 per person for a two-hour sail or R590 for a three-hour trip with snacks. Knysna Quays, Knysna, 6571. 082/470–6022. www.springtide.co.za.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's