- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fancourt's Links, Montagu, and Outeniqua golf courses and the public George Golf Club are all regularly featured among South Africa's top 10 courses, and are never out of the top 20. You have to stay at Fancourt Hotel and Country Club Estate to play on its Gary Player–designed championship courses, Montagu and Outeniqua. The Links, which is open to residents and members, is particularly challenging and was the venue of the 2003 Presidents Cup. Outeniqua and Montagu cost R795 per person per day—but you can play both on one day for that price. The Links is expensive: R1,500. There is also an on-site golf academy. Montagu St., George, 6530. 044/804–0000. www.fancourt.com.
Expect to pay about R420 in greens fees and R200 for a golf cart or R100 for a caddy at the top-rated public George Golf Club. Langenhoven St., George, 6530. 044/873-6116.
You can rent clubs (R150–R200 for 18 holes) and pull carts (R25) from the George Golf Shop. George Golf Club, Langenhoven St., George, 6530. 044/874–7597.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's