Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
Blue Lagoon Hotel
At a Glance
- staff are friendly and warm
- there's an airport shuttle
- it's a conference venue so can get noisy
- only the suites have river or sea views
Check Rates from our Partners
Blue Lagoon Hotel Review
Overlooking the mouth of the beautiful Nahoon River and within easy reach of Nahoon Beach, this is a great place for a low-key family beach break. The standard rooms are quite ordinary and lack views, but the family suites have magnificent views of the lagoon, the sea, or both. Each suite has two bedrooms, one bathroom with tub and shower, a well-appointed kitchen, a living room, and a spacious balcony. The restaurants (¢–$$) are popular with locals—as much for the fabulous views as for the large menu of pastas, steaks, and fish dishes, plus a few interesting innovations thrown in.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
This was a mostly self-drive trip, and not our first to South Africa (first time in Kgalagadi though). Read more
I probably sound like all the rest of the posts.....
I won't know until April whether I am going to J'burg, SA on business for 2 weeks in late May and/or early June. I visited 2 years ago, but couldn' Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more