Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
At a Glance
- within walking distance of restaurants and bars in less touristy area than the beachfront
- tables in the garden make dining (either brought in or cooked in the communal kitchen) a pleasure
- you will need to take a taxi to the beachfront
- Internet access is not free
Check Rates from our Partners
Jikeleza Lodge Review
In a quiet part of the Central neighborhood, this hostel tends to attract mature backpackers who are more interested in culture and adventure activities than partying. Rooms are clean, comfortable, and basic, the communal kitchen is well-appointed, and the managers are friendly and helpful. There's a lovely garden looking over the valley, which has visiting dassies (a guinea pig–like animal unique to South Africa).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
This was a mostly self-drive trip, and not our first to South Africa (first time in Kgalagadi though). Read more
I probably sound like all the rest of the posts.....
I won't know until April whether I am going to J'burg, SA on business for 2 weeks in late May and/or early June. I visited 2 years ago, but couldn' Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more