Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
Bushman Sands Hotel
At a Glance
- luxurious health and spa facilities
- there is the opportunity to fit in a game drive at the adjacent Bushman Sands Game Reserve
- service can be erratic
- there isn't much for children
Check Rates from our Partners
Bushman Sands Hotel Review
Built around a demanding Gary Player–designed, links-style golf course and adjacent to the Bushman Sands Game Reserve, this hotel offers a number of leisure options—including golf, game drives, and sunset cruises on the nearly 500-acre New Year's Dam. Rooms are in separate structures that echo the style of the original Victorian school building, which forms the hotel's center. The decor is understated and classical, with black-and-white-tile bathroom floors and claw-foot tubs. The suites, which are renovated railway cottages, have fabulous bathrooms, with shower stalls just big enough for you and your favorite baseball team. The food served at the restaurant is nothing special, but the golf course setting makes this a pleasant enough place to eat. The smart-casual dress code means that men are not allowed to wear T-shirts, jeans, or open-toed shoes.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
This was a mostly self-drive trip, and not our first to South Africa (first time in Kgalagadi though). Read more
I probably sound like all the rest of the posts.....
I won't know until April whether I am going to J'burg, SA on business for 2 weeks in late May and/or early June. I visited 2 years ago, but couldn' Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more