Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
Stratfords Guest House
At a Glance
- the building is unusual and was designed by the owner
- the garden is sheltered from the elements
- there's no Internet access if you don't have your own laptop
- it's also a conferencing venue so could get noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
Stratfords Guest House Review
It's worth staying at this friendly, stylish guesthouse just to see the building. A masterpiece of design, it makes excellent use of space and utilizes unusual materials like corrugated iron, bare concrete, wood, and glass in incredibly innovative ways to create a comfortable, stimulating environment. It received a merit award from the SA Institute of Architects. Loft suites have microwaves, fridges, and combination tub-showers, whereas the other rooms have only showers. Centrally situated in the suburb of Vincent, Stratfords is close to the East London Museum, shops, and restaurants. It's particularly popular with business travelers.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
This was a mostly self-drive trip, and not our first to South Africa (first time in Kgalagadi though). Read more
I probably sound like all the rest of the posts.....
I won't know until April whether I am going to J'burg, SA on business for 2 weeks in late May and/or early June. I visited 2 years ago, but couldn' Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more