Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
At a Glance
- pool and gardens are lovely
- good business facilities are available
- there's an airport shuttle
- groups about to embark on the Wild Coast Meander stay here the night before, so it could get noisy
- rooms don't have air-conditioning or telephones
Check Rates from our Partners
Meander Inn Review
In the leafy suburb of Selborne, Meander Inn is close to the East London Museum, restaurants, and shops. It's a convenient place to stay on either side of a Wild Coast hike, but it's also great for business travelers, thanks to its business services. Of the older rooms in the main house, one is not en suite, but it does have its own bathroom across the hall. All rooms are predominantly white, with a different color accent in the soft furnishings. The newer rooms have wood accents and stylish bathrooms with black-granite finishes. All rooms have showers but no tubs. Dinner is available by request.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
This was a mostly self-drive trip, and not our first to South Africa (first time in Kgalagadi though). Read more
I probably sound like all the rest of the posts.....
I won't know until April whether I am going to J'burg, SA on business for 2 weeks in late May and/or early June. I visited 2 years ago, but couldn' Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more