Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
Ocean View Hotel in Coffee Bay
At a Glance
- there are tons of adventure activities to participate in
- the hotel is close to the beach
- rooms are basic but comfortable
- it's a family resort, so there may be children around
Check Rates from our Partners
Ocean View Hotel in Coffee Bay Review
This old Wild Coast hotel is light and bright, with white walls and blue fabrics with marine motifs. Some rooms overlook the sea. A resident tour operator can arrange day walks, gentle cruises, and canoeing. A 4x4 trip to Hole-in-the-Wall and a cultural visit costs R160. Like all Wild Coast resorts, it's child-friendly. The food ($$) is good, well cooked, and unpretentious—just keep in mind that lobster and other seafood are considered unpretentious in this region, and you may well find wild coastal oysters offered as bar snacks. Nonguests may book for dinner if the hotel is not full (R90 for a three-course set menu). Like some other Wild Coast properties, this hotel is partly owned by the local community.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
This was a mostly self-drive trip, and not our first to South Africa (first time in Kgalagadi though). Read more
I probably sound like all the rest of the posts.....
I won't know until April whether I am going to J'burg, SA on business for 2 weeks in late May and/or early June. I visited 2 years ago, but couldn' Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more