Safety and Precautions
One thing to keep in mind is that although most of the Central area of PE is safe, a few parts of it can be dicey. The lower section along Govan Mbeki is lively and vibrant and the upper section is quiet and peaceful, but the bits in between have seen some crime. The area is slowly improving, but it's still best to get advice from your hotel or the tourism office before wandering around.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe