Getting Here and Around
You'll need to travel on unpaved roads to get to Bulungula. The driving time from East London is 4½ hours. Only 4x4 vehicles can make it all the way to the lodge. The lodge will provide you with a detailed map if you're driving yourself. Your best bet is to leave your car in the secure parking provided by the lodge at a small grocery store about 1½ km (1 mi) away, from where you can walk to the lodge (downhill for 45 minutes) or be picked up. If you arrive after 5 pm, leave your vehicle at the larger grocery store 15 km (9 mi) away and arrange for a pickup, as it's not advisable to drive the dirt road in the dark. In both instances, the owners of the stores will look after your vehicles for R15 per night. The lodge also runs a shuttle service to and from the bus stop at Mthatha.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's