Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
Amazulu Private Game Reserve and AmaKhosi Lodge
Amazulu Private Game Reserve and AmaKhosi Lodge Review
Forty kilometers (21 mi) south of Phongola lies AmaKhosi Lodge, in the Amazulu Private Game Reserve, which covers some 25,000 acres of pristine wilderness on the perennial Mkhuze River. Different habitats range from rocky hillsides to thick bushveld, tamboti forests to broad wetlands. AmaKhosi has all of the Big Five, in addition to wildebeests, zebras, giraffes, and a variety of antelopes, including the shy nyala. Most animals have been reintroduced, with the exception of leopards, which remain secretive and very difficult to spot. In addition, a wide variety of bird species will delight birders.
- Location: KwaZulu-Natal Parks
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My husband and I just returned from a wonderful trip to South Africa, Swaziland, Zimbawe & Botswana. Read more
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
We now know where in SA we want to go and when (mid August to early September 2015) but need advice on best routing.
We want to stay at 2 to 3 private reserves (3 nts each) bordering Kruger (hopefully, Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more