Wilderness Safaris Review
One of Africa's most respected and innovative tour operators, Wilderness Safaris assures you impeccable service, gorgeous destinations and accommodations, and game galore. The company operates a seven-day fly-in safari from Windhoek, which covers most of the main destinations in Namibia. It also owns the majority of lodges in Botswana and offers mobile safaris, custom tours, and honeymoon packages. Their policy is "sustainable conservation through responsible tourism" and they engage local communities in conservation. As Wilderness has more than 70 lodges and camps, all with different styles, they have something to suit everyone. They have a regional office in each country they operate in as well as a head office in South Africa, ensuring that their ground operations run very smoothly.
Destinations serviced: Botswana, Congo, Malawi, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Most popular packages: The Great Wilderness, Botswana, 11 days, from $8,950; The Great Namibian Journey, 12 days, from $6,500.
Philanthropy: Their "Children in The Wilderness" environmental and life skills program teaches rural children about their wildlife heritage.
What they do best: Incredible destinations and seamless service from start to finish.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3299 -- 10-Nt. South Africa Adventure w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- Essence of South Africa (12-Day) IExplore
- Cape Town & Namibia — $3,939 IExplore
- Essence of South Africa (14-Day) — $12,790 IExplore
- South Africa - Black Culture Experience — $3,259 IExplore
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
I have been attempting to book a trip to Africa for a year now, not sure I am any closer to an itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Steinbeck said it well—no matter how many plans you make, its the destination that scoops you up... Read more