Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
At a Glance
- has the first zero-emissions safari vehicles
- quick and safe access between family rooms, children over 4 welcome so perfect for traveling family
- all the lodges are in very close proximity to one another
Check Rates from our Partners
Founders Camp Review
This camp takes you back to the early days of Londolozi before ecotourism was invented—when it was more important to shoot a lion than to take the perfect shot of it. Refurbished in 2012, ten stone-and-thatch chalets sit amid thick riverine bush and some are linked to the other chalets by interleading skywalks. Each has its own wooden viewing deck and plunge pool and is decorated in warm comforting earth tones. Old family photographs remind you of Londolozi's 40 year-old history. Relax on the huge thatch dining and viewing deck that juts out over a quiet backwater of the Sand River, and watch the mammals and birds go by.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My husband and I just returned from a wonderful trip to South Africa, Swaziland, Zimbawe & Botswana. Read more
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
We now know where in SA we want to go and when (mid August to early September 2015) but need advice on best routing.
We want to stay at 2 to 3 private reserves (3 nts each) bordering Kruger (hopefully, Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more