At a Glance
- you can sit on benches at the perimeter fence and watch game—particularly elephants and buffalo—come and go all day
- evening wildlife videos under the stars
- great food options for those on the go
- always crowded (although chalets are well spaced out)
- very slow service when checking in at reception
Check Rates from our Partners
This rest camp lies at the southern tip of the park, in a basin surrounded by rocky hills. Berg-en-Dal is known for its white rhinos, leopards, and wild dogs, but there's plenty of other game, too. A dam (often nearly dry in winter) by one side of the perimeter fence offers good game-viewing, including a close look at cruising crocodiles and munching elephants. One of the more attractive camps, it has thoughtful landscaping, which has left much of the indigenous vegetation intact, making for more privacy. It has an attractive pool and well-stocked grocery-curio shop, and kids can run around safely here.