The Manor House
The Manor House Review
If you're looking for the perfect place to share a safari with a group of people, then look no further. One of the area's original homesteads, the Restoration Hardware meets African Pottery Barn-decorated house has four suites, each with its own veranda that overlooks the surrounding mountains. Bathrooms are huge, with double sinks, stone shower, toilet stall, and delicious Charlotte Rhys products—just try to resist getting into the claw-foot tub in which a bath has been drawn for you after the evening drive. The living space is made up of numerous cozy seating areas where you can while away hours reading, chatting, playing board games, or sipping drinks. The pool is lovely and refreshing after your morning drive and overlooks the property's natural water hole—you never know who you might see taking a drink. The house has a dedicated staff, including a ranger, who look after your every, and we mean every, need. Pros: complete run of the house for your group; attentive personal staff; lunch in the bush is an experience you'll not soon forget. Cons: not close to major airports; temperatures can get very hot.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3299 -- 10-Nt. South Africa Adventure w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- Essence of South Africa (12-Day) IExplore
- Cape Town & Namibia — $3,939 IExplore
- Essence of South Africa (14-Day) — $12,790 IExplore
- South Africa - Black Culture Experience — $3,259 IExplore
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
At a vaguely spur of the moment , as we say here in Yankeeland, we are consdeiring a Mid-late 2013 September trip to CapeTown, Londolozi, and one other game park, not self -drive, destination) (Or, perhaps Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more