Addo Elephant National Park Main Camp
At a Glance
- great value
- you get to enter the game area before the main gates open and go on night drives
- the shop has only basic supplies
- the rondavels have shared cooking facilities
Addo Elephant National Park Main Camp Review
One of the best SANParks rest camps, this location has a range of self-catering accommodations, such as safari tents, forest cabins, rondavels, cottages, and chalets, and a shop that sells basic supplies as well as souvenirs. An à la carte restaurant with reasonable prices is open for all meals, and a floodlighted water hole is nearby. Prices are calculated according to a complicated SANParks formula, which works by unit price, not per person. Camping rates are R175 for up to two people. Note that these are the minimum rates even if there's only one person booking the accommodation. There's also a conservation levy, which is paid per person per day in the park.
- Address: Addo Elephant National Park
- Phone: 012/428–9111
- Website: www.addoelephantpark.com
- Location: Addo Elephant National Park
- 30 chalets, 12 tent sites, 13 cottages, 2 guesthouses, 10 campsites, 10 cabins, 6 rondavels, 30 caravan sites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Having just returned from a trip that ranks up there with the best of my life, I will offer some details in a short trip report. Read more
Here's a trip report from our 3+ week trip to Africa. Read more
Got one Africa trip in me. Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more