Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
Addo Elephant National Park Main Camp
At a Glance
- great value
- you get to enter the game area before the main gates open and go on night drives
- the shop has only basic supplies
- the rondavels have shared cooking facilities
Check Rates from our Partners
Addo Elephant National Park Main Camp Review
One of the best SANParks rest camps, this location has a range of self-catering accommodations, such as safari tents, forest cabins, rondavels, cottages, and chalets, and a shop that sells basic supplies as well as souvenirs. An à la carte restaurant with reasonable prices is open for all meals, and a floodlighted water hole is nearby. Prices are calculated according to a complicated SANParks formula, which works by unit price, not per person. Camping rates are R175 for up to two people. Note that these are the minimum rates even if there's only one person booking the accommodation. There's also a conservation levy, which is paid per person per day in the park.
- Address: Addo Elephant National Park
- Phone: 012/428–9111
- Website: www.addoelephantpark.com
- Location: Addo Elephant National Park
- 30 chalets, 12 tent sites, 13 cottages, 2 guesthouses, 10 campsites, 10 cabins, 6 rondavels, 30 caravan sites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
This was a mostly self-drive trip, and not our first to South Africa (first time in Kgalagadi though). Read more
I would like to start by THANKING everyone. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more