Addo Elephant National Park Main Camp
At a Glance
- great value
- you get to enter the game area before the main gates open and go on night drives
- the shop has only basic supplies
- the rondavels have shared cooking facilities
Addo Elephant National Park Main Camp Review
One of the best SANParks rest camps, this location has a range of self-catering accommodations, such as safari tents, forest cabins, rondavels, cottages, and chalets, and a shop that sells basic supplies as well as souvenirs. An à la carte restaurant with reasonable prices is open for all meals, and a floodlighted water hole is nearby. Prices are calculated according to a complicated SANParks formula, which works by unit price, not per person. Camping rates are R175 for up to two people. Note that these are the minimum rates even if there's only one person booking the accommodation. There's also a conservation levy, which is paid per person per day in the park.
- Address: Addo Elephant National Park
- Phone: 012/428–9111
- Website: www.addoelephantpark.com
- Location: Addo Elephant National Park
- 30 chalets, 12 tent sites, 13 cottages, 2 guesthouses, 10 campsites, 10 cabins, 6 rondavels, 30 caravan sites
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.