At a Glance
- you've got the best of both worlds: bushveld on your doorstep and Sun City only 20 minutes away by free shuttle bus
- children's playground and pool
- you can't get away from the hotel feel
- packed during school holidays
- it gets noisy around reception, pool, and dining areas
Kwa Maritane Review
The greatest asset of this hotel, primarily a time-share resort, is its location: in a bowl of rocky hills on the edge of the national park. The resort has a terrific blind overlooking a water hole and connected to the lodge via a tunnel; from your hotel room you can watch a TV channel dedicated to filming what's there round-the-clock. Guest rooms have high thatch ceilings and large glass doors that open onto a veranda. It's best to secure a unit far from the noise of the reception, dining, and pool areas. You can pay to go on day or night game drives in open-air vehicles or to go on guided walks with an armed ranger—both worthwhile. The breakfasts at the restaurant are legendary.