Top Reasons to Go
Big Game. You're guaranteed to see big game—including the Big Five—both in national parks and at many private lodges.... Read more
What's Your Budget?
When setting a budget, consider how much you want to spend and keep in mind three things: your flight, the actual safari costs, and extras. You... Read more
There's no substitute for a knowledgeable tour operator or travel agent who specializes in Africa. These specialists look out for your best interests... Read more
Most safari operators and private game reserves don't accept children under a certain age, usually under eight, but sometimes the age limit is... Read more
Types of Safaris
Do you picture yourself zipping from camp to camp in a tiny Cessna, getting a bird's-eye view of a water hole? Or inspecting an animal track... Read more
San Culture and Language
Also called the /Xam, the hunter-gatherer San (Bushmen) have a culture that dates back more than 20,000 years, and their genetic origins are... Read more
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's