Top Reasons to Go
Big Game: You're guaranteed to see big game—including the Big Five—both in national parks and at many private lodges.
Escape the Crowds: South Africa's game parks are rarely crowded. You'll see more game with fewer other visitors than almost anywhere else in Africa.
Luxury Escapes: Few other sub-Saharan countries can offer South Africa's high standards of accommodation, service, and food amid gorgeous surroundings of bush, beach, mountains, and desert.
Take the Family: All the national parks accept children (choose a malaria-free one if your kids are small), and many private lodges have fantastic children's programs.
Bountiful Birds: Even if you're not a birder you'll be dazzled by hundreds of fascinating birds of all colors, shapes, and sizes.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's