Top Reasons to Go
Big Game. You're guaranteed to see big game—including the Big Five—both in national parks and at many private lodges.
Escape the Crowds. South Africa's game parks are rarely crowded. You'll see more game with fewer other visitors than almost anywhere else in Africa.
Luxury Escapes. Few other sub-Saharan countries can offer South Africa's high standards of accommodation, service, and food amid gorgeous surroundings of bush, beach, mountains, and desert.
Take the Family. All the national parks accept children (choose a malaria-free one if your kids are small), and many private lodges have fantastic children's programs.
Bountiful Birds. Even if you're not a birder you'll be dazzled by hundreds of fascinating birds of all colors, shapes, and sizes.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's