Getting Here and Around
The closest airport to Addo Elephant Park is Port Elizabeth (PLZ) airport. Flights arrive daily from all of South Africa's main cities via South African Airways, SA Airlink, and the budget airlines Kulula and 1time. Flights from Cape Town take one hour and from Johannesburg 1½ hours.
Traveling by car is the easiest and best way to tour this area as there's no public transport. Some roads are unpaved but are in decent condition. Most lodges will organize airport transfers for their guests.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's